Phone: +386 59 90 07 31 (EU)
Phone: +1 650 273 47 71 (USA)
|Type of the trip:||Self-Drive Trip|
|Dates of travel:||On request|
|Duration:||15 nights / 16 days|
|Min. number of persons:||2|
|Meals included:||Breakfast daily|
|Entrance fees included:||Mt. Pilatus Golden Tour
Top of Europe, First Cliff Walk
Mt. Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
Chillon Castle in Montreux by Geneva Lake
Local guided tours on request
Arrival to Zurich airport. Pick up your rental car and drive to Zurich city centre. Check-in at the hotel.
On your own discover the spectacular sights of Zurich, one of most vibrant Swiss city. Take a cruise, passing the legendary landmarks like the sophisticated Bahnhofstrasse and admire the shimmering surface of Lake Zurich. Also, take a walk to the sacred St Peter’s Church and the charming Old Town, and then ride the Dolderbahn railway to the undulating hills of the Zurichberg district.
ROMANTIC TOWNS OF SWITZERLAND: Enjoy one-day romantic guided tour from Zurich to biggest European waterfalls (Rhein Falls) and stroll through romantic town of Schaffhausen.
Mt. Pilatus Golden Round trip-on your own without guide: Maker of weather, dragon’s lair, home to giants and grave of rulers: Lucerne’s very own mountain, Pilatus, is one of the most legendary places in Central Switzerland. And one of the most beautiful. On a clear day the mountain offers a panoramic view of 73 Alpine peaks.
Even today Pilatus is a source of mystical discoveries and is home to places of natural beauty that are steeped in legend and lore. The mountain can be reached from Lucerne by gondola lift and aerial cable car and from Alpnachstad with the world’s steepest rack-railroad. Thus a special round-trip tour is possible, involving journeys by paddle steamer, rack-railroad, aerial cable car and bus. The trip can be combined with various types of sports or hiking tours.
Make your day even more vivid with the following options below:
– Spend Swiss dinner evening with folk’s music visit at STADTKELLER SWISS FOLKLORE RESTAURANT.
– CHOCOLATE MAKING & TASTING: First an exclusive tasting, followed by a making in the sacred halls of our four chocolatiers. Our chocolate experts will take you on a journey into the world of cocoa and share their knowledge about the quality and ingredients of our chocolate treats with you. During the chocolate tasting, you will enjoy 6 – 7 seasonal treats and afterwards, you will be able to pour chocolate bars and stamp truffles yourself. Available Mon-Fri. Duration: 90 min
– DAY OF HALF-DAY TRIP TO MT. RIGI: The Rigi is a mountainous area near Lucerne, between Küssnacht am Rigi, Goldau and Gersau. It’s a typical Swiss green landscape with meadows, forests and grazing cows. Since 1871, it is well connected by cogwheel train. Rigi Kulm is the highest point (1798 m) with restaurant on the top and offers great views to Lake Lucerne, the Alps in the south and the plains in the north, all the way to Germany.
– EMMENTAL VILLAGE: At the Emmentaler Show Dairy, where traditional craft meets the latest technology, an all-encompassing farm experience awaits visitors as they are introduced to what might be the world’s most famous cheese. You can choose between various activities of making your own cheese, tour for small children called King’s Way, purchase fresh home-made products in their store etc. Depending on activity – different supplement applies.
In the morning drive from Lucerne to Montreux (2h 15m driving). En-route your can stop in medieval hill village of La Gruyere with cheese + chocolate tasting OR in Bern, the capital of Switzerland. We provide all instructions.
In Montreux visit Chillon Castle, located on a rock on the banks of Lake Geneva (entrance fee payable on the spot). The water castle is the most visited historic building in Switzerland. For nearly four centuries Chillon was the residence and profitable toll station of the Counts of Savoy.
Continue driving further to Lausanne (approx. 30min). Explore Lausanne on your own: As a base of International Olympic Committee since 1914, Laussane is boasting as second largest town by Geneve Lake. The setting of Lausanne is extremely picturesque: the town is built on three hills, surrounded by vineyard-covered slopes, with Lake Geneva at its feet. Rising impressively from the opposing French lake shore are the Savoy Alps. The attractive old town is largely car-free. Small alleyways with cafes and boutiques shape the streetscape in the medieval city centre. Also worthy of a visit are the parks, containing many Mediterranean plant species, and grand palace hotels like the Beau-Rivage Palace in Ouchy and the Hotel de l’Angleterre, where Lord Byron once stayed.
From Lausanne you have approx. 1 more hour of driving to Geneva. Check-in at the hotel and at leisure.
Day to explore Geneva: The streets of Geneva reflect its international reputation for world-class luxury watchmaking. Even the famous Jet d’Eau originates from the city’s watchmaking heritage! Experience Geneva’s remarkable watchmaking museums, workshops, prestigious events and luxury boutiques for a truly unforgettable experience.
In Geneva make your day very special by the following suggestions:
– DAY TRIP TO CHAMONIX AND MONT BLANC: Discover the allure of the European Alps on a full-day trip to Chamonix and Mont Blanc, highest mountain in Europe, from Geneva. With a guide, travel through the splendor of the countryside to Chamonix, a picturesque Alpine town, and ascend to the Aiguille de Midi peak in a modern cable car. Capture sweeping vistas of the French, Italian and Swiss Alps on camera and the take a scenic railway ride to Montenvers, home to Mer de Glace, the most famous glacier in France. Option to include a 3-course lunch in Chamonix to enjoy an appetizing addition to the tour.
– RELAX IN BAIN-BLEU HAMMAM & SPA: Bain-Bleu Hammam & Spa Genève-Plage is a bathing complex offering indoor and outdoor pools, steam baths and relaxation areas. It also features an Oriental-inspired Hammam adapted to our bathing culture and boasting a spa with a total surface area of 3,000 m2.
– ART & HISTORY MUSEUM IN GENEVA: The largest museum in Geneva, The Art and History Museum is veritable catalogue of western culture with over one million pieces in its collection organized in three different wings: The Archeology wing, The Fine Arts wing and Applied Arts wing.
– VISIT PATEK PHILIPPE MUSEUM: Patek Phillipe Museum is noble and prestigious private museum mapping the history of luxury watchmaking, since 16th century up to present. Huge collection of precious clocks and watches make the visit of museum artistic experience.
– CRUISE ON GENEVA LAKE: Cruise on Geneva Lake: There is no better way to experience Geneva Lake than on board a narrated boat tour with Lake Geneva Cruise Line. Choose from a wide variety of unique sight seeing tours that all provide an up close view of the beautiful estates and mansions that line the shores.
Drive from Geneva to Zermatt (approx. 3 hrs). As Zermatt is a car-free village you will leave your car a parking garage in small village of Täsch, from where you continue your way to Zermatt by train or taxi which we arrange for you. Check-in at the hotel in Zermatt.
CABLE CAR TO MATTERHORN GLACIER PARADISE: Ascend by cable car to the famous top of Matterhorn glacier, set on a high plateau and surrounded by mountains 13,124 feet high. Fantastic highest viewing platform in Europe (3883m) – one of the best views you will ever see in your life! During Summer you can hike or during Winter ski on the glacier.
Tip of the day – for additional activity you can pick something from our suggestions (supplements depend on activity):
– GORNERGRAT VIEW POINT: The Gornergrat railway is a mountain rack railway, it links the resort village of Zermatt, situated at 1,604 m above sea level, to the summit of the Gornergrat. Enjoy another fascinating viewpoint from Gornergrat (approx. 3 H without additional activities on the top, only view point). The Gornergrat (3,089 m) is one of those places that everyone should visit at least once in a lifetime. The mountain panorama and the glorious view of the Matterhorn is unforgettable.
– ZERMATT HIKING DAY OF 5 LAKES: The 5-Seenweg (Five Lakes Walk) is in a class of its own among hikes in the Zermatt mountains. The views of the mountain lakes are superb (with the Matterhorn reflected in three of them), and the trail is full of variety.
– THE SUNTRAP of SUNNEGGA: From Zermatt you can reach the Sunnegga family paradise by funicular in a few minutes. This suntrap at the heart of Matterhorn paradise is a magnet for explorers of all ages and an ideal starting point for the onward trip to Blauherd and Rothorn.
– CIRCULAR HIKE TO THE SUSPENSION BRIDGE IN RANDA: The path begins at the Randa train station, where the “Europabrücke” signs point in the correct direction. Through larch-wood forests and past the “Hohtschugga” viewing point, hikers reach the world-record holding “Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge”. At 494 m, it is the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in the world. It takes almost 10 minutes to cross it and in the middle, swaying walkers are at the highest point: 85 m above the Grabengufer. After crossing, the path continues right back to Randa.
In the morning train or taxi transfer from Zermatt to Täsch, where you pick up your car from the parking garage. Drive via Interlaken, the town between two lakes and further to Grindelwald (approx 2 hrs).
Check-in at the hotel in Grindelwald and continue with Jungfrau experience. Enjoy a cogwheel train ride through green meadows and the hard rock of the Mountain Eiger to Europe’s highest railway station at 11,333 ft: the famous Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe). Spend some time on top of Jungfraujoch which is covered by eternal ice and snow. You may visit the Glacier Palace with its ice sculptures, the Sphinx (weather station), and lookout platforms providing you with a breathtaking view of the glacier and the snow-covered mountain peaks.
Options for the afternoon in Interlaken, town among two lakes (30 min driving from Grindelwald):
– BOAT RIDE ON THUN LAKE: A cruise on the clear, blue waters of Lake Thun amid the mountains of the Bernese Oberland is an unforgettable experience. During the unhurried two-hour trip between Thun and Interlaken, you can indulge in fine cuisine while casting admiring gazes at the castles on the banks and the mountains beyond.
– FUNKY CHOCOLATE MAKING WORKSHOP: Funky Chocolate Club first opened in November 2014. Their love and passion for chocolate led them to this crazy idea – let’s open a meeting point for all chocolate lovers, let’s share secrets of Swiss chocolate with travelers from all over the world. Even though chocolate making is very serious business Funky Chocolate try to have as much fun as possible with all of their products.
– TOP OF INTERLAKEN – HARDER KULM viewing platform. If Interlaken had a king, he would reside on the Harder Kulm. From the viewing platform at 1,322 metres above sea level he would graciously look down upon Lake Brienz and Lake Thun, or admire the Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau. In fact, the Harder Kulm Panorama Restaurant is reminiscent of a castle.
ROYAL RIDE TO THE PEAK OF MÄNNLICHEN: Ride on a balcony on the roof of the aerial cable way, starting from railway station in Wengen heading up to the peak of Männlichen. The Royal Walk and especially the summit platform in crown form improve the magnificent view even more. If you feel more active you can hike part of the route up or down!
Descend to Lauterbrunnen Valley and visit Trümmelbach Waterfalls: The Trümmelbach Falls are the world’s only glacier waterfalls that are accessible underground by lift, galleries, tunnels, paths and platforms. They are part of the Lauterbrunnen Valley’s 72 waterfalls, among them also the imposing Staubbach Fall. The hiking tour on mainly flat land leads from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg, past water gushing from vertical rock faces that are several hundred meters high. Ticket of 11 CHF/person payable on the spot!
More great options on this day (you can completely adapt the itinerary):
– EASY-HIKE OPTION WITH FANTASTIC VIEWS: After alighting the gondola at Grindelwald First, take a comfortable hike to the beautiful Bachalpsee (two lakes), admire the spectacular landscape and scenery before heading to the First Cliff Walk.
– NIEDERHORN SCENIC MOUNT VIEW: above Interlaken Lakes. This spectacular ridge hike has dramatic views over cliffs on one side and a sweeping panorama of the Jungfrau region mountains on the other. Depart from Beatenbuht on foot or by cable car.
– SCHYNIGE PLATTE: From Wilderswil, a five-minute walk from the Interlaken Ost railway station, you can take a rack-railroad that has been carrying sightseers up to the Schynige Platte since it opened in 1893. Another advantage is a tranquillity of the Alpine Gardens, with stunning views of not only the Alps but also of 650 vibrant plant species in their natural habitats. Gardens are open to the public from May to October. If you’re lucky there may be locals playing traditional Swiss Alphorns at the Schynige Platte station.
– SPIEZ VINEYARDS: The «Spiez Vineyard Sensory Adventure Trail» is an easy circular route open to visitors year-round. In the autumn, the golden colours make the vineyard particularly beautiful. On the trail, a dozen information boards tell you all you need to know about the wine-growing year in Spiez. Duration: approx. 1 hour.
– HALF-DAY & EVENING KAYAK TOUR: Experience the beauty of our mountain lakes from an awe inspiring perspective and learn your first moves in this fantastic environment. Our half day tours run regularly each week and on weekends through the Summer in the mornings, afternoons and evenings and are suitable for all levels. Our tours start in Bönigen on Lake Brienz and offer an insight into the area’s natural beauty. Experience the grandeur of the surrounding mountains, the 13th century castle of Ringgenberg, the beautiful cliffs and the calmness of the incredible turquoise lake.
– TYPICAL 2 VILLAGES ABOVE LAUTERBRUNNEN VALLEY: Explore Gimmelwald & Mürren – a former settlement of people from the Lötschen valley in the Valais, which still remains recognizable today from the design of the houses and the pronunciation of the Mürren dialect – is the highest, continually inhabited village settlement in the canton of Bern and lies on a terrace at 1650 metres, high above the Lauterbrunnen valley.
– 007 SCHILTHORN CABLE CAR: On the opposite side of the valley is the holiday resort of Mürren, accessible from Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg. The cableway from Stechelberg continues to the peak of the Schilthorn at 2971 m, famous for being the setting where the 007 classic, ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service’ was filmed.
Drive from Grindelwald to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, check-in at the hotel (Germany).
In the afternoon, visit fairy-tale Neuschwanstein Castle: Today Neuschwanstein is one of the most popular of all the palaces and castles in Europe. Every year 1.4 million people visit “the castle of the fairy-tale king”. In the summer around 6,000 visitors a day stream through rooms that were intended for a single inhabitant. The setting of Neuschwanstein could not be more idyllic. However, movement in the foundation area has to be continuously monitored, and the sheer rock walls must be repeatedly secured.
Drive from Garmisch to Salzburg. En-route stop in Berchtesgaden to visit Eagle’s Nest.
Visit Eagle’s nest: formerly Hitler’s home and southern headquarters, a breathtaking journey up the Kehlstein road and a luxurious brass elevator up through the rock into Eagle’s Nest. Enjoy impressive views and its excellent cuisine. The site combines a unique example of historic architecture and a stunning Alpine setting. On the top we can make seat reservation in the restaurant.
After arrival to Salzburg, check-in at the hotel and at leisure.
Tip of the day – two additional options on this day which you can visit:
– Visit STIEGL, the Austria’s leading and one of the oldest private brewery: Tour of the Stiegl Brauwelt and Tour through the Production, combined by beer tasting and beer crackers. The high beer quality is succeeded because of use nothing but the best locally-sourced ingredients.
– SPECIALTY Beer Connoisseur Tour: After an aperitif at the Stieglitz, it’s straight to our tasting cellar! There you can try five international beer specialities under the expert eye of our qualified beer sommelier, coupled with an appropriate food pairing.
– BERCHTESGADEN SALTMINE: “White gold” has been mined at the Berchtesgaden salt mine without interruption since 1517. Since 2007, it has offered innovative visitor experiences unlike any other mine in the world! Visitors are taken on an adventurous guided tour into the very depths of the Salzberg mountain. Before entering the mine, you will be outfitted in functional overalls – for good reason, since the temperatures inside the mine are a constant +12° C.
Guided tour of Salzburg: Our guide will pick you up at the reception desk in your hotel and take you to a tour of all main cultural and historical attractions. This picturesque city stretches along both banks of the River Salzach, as it emerges from the Salzburg Alps into lower land dominated by the 1,853-meter Untersberg. The romantic Old Town is a compact neighbourhood of narrow medieval streets and arcaded courtyards that are fun to explore, as are the spacious squares of the residential area between the Neutor and the Neugebäude districts. Salzburg enjoys a special fame in the world of music as the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, reflected in attractions such as the museum in his family home, various festivals showcasing his music, and even the melodies that ring out daily on the glockenspiel. Duration: up to 3 hours
– TENNENGAU – GOURMET REGION: Get acquainted with Golling & Kuchl region, pearls in the surrounding of gourmet region Tennengau. Lake Bürgerausee, bio diary Fürstenhof, castle Golling with rich cultural heritage and wellness oasis Aqua Salza.
– ICE CAVE WERFEN – BIGGEST ICE CAVE IN THE WORLD: Pleasant half hour walk to the cave where you meet with the guide who will take you to a guided tour. IMPORTANT: The temperature in the cave is around 30°F at all times so please dress accordingly.
– CLASSIC CONCERT IN SALZBURG: Enjoy an evening likely to have taken place in 1790 – in the Baroque Hall lit by candles, having a dinner based on historical recipes, listening to a concert with musicians in authentic costumes and the music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
– SOUND OF MUSIC TOUR: Original “Sound of music Tour”: The life of the von Trapp Family is inseparably linked to the city of Salzburg. Every year nearly 300,000 people visit the Trapp Family homes and film locations. The 1965 film became an international box office success. Join us on a wonderful ride with breath-taking views of opening scenes of the movie The Sound of Music were filmed with live guide!
– APPLE STRUDEL COOKING CLASS: Rustle up an Austrian apple strudel during a cooking class in Salzburg. In a small group of no more than 15 people, you’ll prepare the pastry and marinate the apples to create one of the country’s iconic desserts. Learn from the chef and hear tips to make your own strudel back at home. The experience is available with a choice of two start times when you book.
– MOZART’S BIRTHPLACE: W. A. Mozart was born in 1756 in the “Hagenauer Haus” at No. 9 Getreidegasse in Salzburg. Today, Mozart’s Birthplace is one of the most visited museums in Austria and is an absolute highlight, above all for Mozart fans. The famous composer’s birthplace continues to be a magnet for Mozart fans and history buffs from around the world.
– CASTLE WITH FORTRESS ABOVE SALZBURG: Ascend and descend by Fortress funicular, entrance to fortress precincts, guided tour with audio guide in eleven languages (salt storeroom, torture chamber, look-out tower, ‘Salzburg Bull’ – mechanical organ), Fortress Museum, Rainer Regiment Museum, Marionette Museum, Alm passage. Besides, visit of unique Princes’ Apartments in the main castle and the Mechanical Theatre.
Drive from Salzburg to Vienna. En-route stop in UNESCO Village Hallstatt or drive directly to Vienna. In Vienna, check-in at the hotel.
Vienna City Highlights Tour: Our guide will pick you up at the reception desk in your hotel and take you to a tour of all main cultural and historical attractions along the famous Ringstrasse to see the Vienna Rathaus, Vienna’s historical center, St Stephen’s Cathedral any many more.
The Capital of Austria is home to nearly one third of the country’s inhabitants and is its primary city. Ranked as one of the most liveable cities in the world enjoying a high quality of life, Vienna is a haven in central Europe and remains a popular tourist destination. Duration of guiding: 3 hours.
Visit of Spanish Riding School – payment on the spot: Take a look behind the scenes. In the guided tour through the Spanish Riding School you will visit the baroque Winter Riding School, the Summer Riding School with one of the world’s largest oval horse walkers and the stables of the Lipizzan stallions, which have been located in one of Vienna’s most prominent Renaissance buildings for more than 450 years. You will visit the most important areas of our historic institution and will learn about our history, equestrian traditions and about our stars – the Lipizzan stallions! Duration: approx. 1 hour.
If you are interested in seeing Lipizzan horses at work you are welcomed to attend Morning Exercise or Performance. Supplement applies.
Afterwards, visit Vienna Schönbrunn Palace & Gardens: Play royalty for a day in Vienna by visiting the summer residence of the Habsburgs, with its elegant gardens, fountains, fake Roman ruins, a hilltop café, and Europe’s oldest zoo. Be amazed by visit of romantic, famous Schönbrunn Palace, Privy Garden, Orangery Garden, Maze and Gloriette.
More options in Vienna:
– THE KUNSTHISTORISCHES MUSEUM (KHM): Vienna was built by Emperor Franz Joseph to house exhibits from five millennia – from ancient Egypt and Greece to the late 18th century, masterpieces by Dürer, Raphael’s “Madonna in the Meadow”, Rembrandt, Rubens, Titian, Velázquez and Vermeer.
– FREUD MUSEUM: In the former living quarters and office of Sigmund Freud in the house at Berggasse 19 in Vienna’s ninth district, the Sigmund Freud Museum presents an exhibition documenting the life and work of the founder of psychoanalysis. Freud lived and worked in this house from 1891 until 1938, when on 4 June he was forced by the National Socialists to flee with his family into exile in England.
– HOFBURG, the Imperial Palace – explore one of main highlights of Vienna: The Hofburg is the former principal Imperial palace of the Habsburg dynasty rulers and today serves as the official residence and workplace of the President of Austria. Tour can be as the regular tour or you can book with us the Exclusive private tour where you can see: Sisi Museum and the Imperial Apartments (approx. 60 minutes), Highlights of the Silver Collection (approx. 50 minutes), State banquets past and present (Silver Collection, approx. 50 minutes).
– VISIT BELVEDERE PALACES: The two Belvedere palaces were built in the early eighteenth century by the famous Baroque architect Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt to be used as the summer residence of Prince Eugene of Savoy (1663–1736). One of Europe’s most stunning Baroque landmarks, this ensemble – comprising the Upper and Lower Belvedere and an extensive garden – is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Drive to Vienna airport, drop off your rental car and get ready for your flight back home.
Grand Cuvée Tours
Naj Tura d.o.o.
P: +386 40 170 876 (EU) +1 (650) 273 4771 (USA)