Phone: +386 59 90 07 31 (EU)
Phone: +1 650 273 47 71 (USA)
|Type of the trip:||Private Tour which can be further customised for you|
|Period – Dates to apply for:||During warm months (safer for mountain hiking)|
|Duration:||6 nights / 7 days|
|No. of persons:||Up to 15|
|Meals included:||Breakfast daily|
|Entrance fees included:||Savica waterfall|
|Guides, drivers:||Hiking guide as per program
Private transfer with English-speaking driver
Pick up at Ljubljana airport and private transfer to Bohinj (approx. 1 h). Transfer from Venice/Zagreb airport for a supplement.
Rest of the day at leisure to rest. Feel free to enjoy Bohinj Lake – you can rent a kayak, SUP or simply take a walk along the lake. Scenery is simply beautiful!
In the evening prepare for a start of the multi-day hike.
Your hiking guide will pick you up at your accommodation.
The luggage you won’t need during hiking will be transferred to your next hotel, meanwhile you will start your hiking day early in the morning. Don’t forget to pack some snacks and enough water.
This day’s path leads up to the lake near the hut Koča na Planini pri Jezeru. At the starting point in Stara Fuzina, you pass by beautiful villages.
It takes up 1.5 hours to the first viewing point over Bohinj lake on Mt. Vogar, and then we continue to the lake near Koča na Planini pri Jezeru. Altogether it is approx. 4.5 hours hiking on this day.
At leisure. In the evening dinner at the mountain hut is included.
Overnight in Koča na Planini pri Jezeru. Bedrooms are shared, but fresh and clean bed linen is provided so you don’t need sleeping bags.
Ascent: 900 m
Approx. hiking time: 4-5 hours
After breakfast start your second hiking day.
From the hut at Planina pri Jezeru you make a short ascent to Planina Dedno Polje and take a path to the right; the landscape gradually becomes more open, resembling a wonderland of green bursting with colourful flowers. Continue with a relaxed hike to Hut at Triglav Double Lake.
Dinner and overnight at mountain hut Koča pri Triglavskih jezerih. Bedrooms are shared, but fresh and clean bed linen is provided so you don’t need sleeping bags.
Ascent: 250 m
Approx. hiking time: 2 hours
You can do additional stops on the way or include some other hiking destination – it all depends on the weather conditions and your physical strength. Your mountain guide will suggest you best options on the day of the hike.
On this day you start descending back down to Bohinj Valley. The last destination in the mountains will be one of the most beautiful ones – Komna Plateau.
Komna Hut, where you will spend the night, may have been built purely to showcase the spectacular view from this vantage point. Poised on the edge of the Komna Plateau, the earth drops away from the terrace to reveal Bohinj Lake sprawling across the valley 900 metres below. A single verdant green valley kisses the shores of the lake, but otherwise it is completely enclosed by an amphitheatre of forested slopes and craggy mountains.
Dinner and overnight at Komna mountain hut. Bedrooms are shared, but fresh and clean bed linen is provided so you don’t need sleeping bags.
Ascent: 135 m
Descent: 305 m
Approx. hiking time: 3 hours
Wave a final goodbye to the mountains and begin the long descent from Komna Hut down to the valley.
The path – a well-made gravel track – enjoys a gentle gradient, full of large, sweeping bends. This is because it was an important supply trail during World War I, with 40 – 50 tonnes of cargo carried to the mountains each day. Just before you reach Bohinj Lake, a detour to the Savica Waterfall is a must-do. This waterfall mysteriously appears out of the mountain, plunging 78 metres into an emerald pool. This dramatic spectacle is merely the start of a grand journey for this water which will finish, in around 60 days, in the Black Sea.
Continue with a short walk to the shores of the lake. Bohinj Lake is the jewel in Triglav National Park, and a swim in its warm, turquoise waters is the perfect medicine after days of traversing the Julian Alps. Some free time to enjoy swimming, kayaking, SUPing or simply resting after a long hike.
In the late afternoon private transfer to neighbour, more famous Lake Bled. Rest of the day at leisure.
Ascent: 180 m
Descent: 1150 m
Approx. hiking time: 5 hours
Your accommodation is at the same time one of the most famous Slovenian SPA and Wellness locations. Make sure to treat your body after all the hiking in the previous days.
Wellness Živa: Thermal water and rich offer of wellness programs with Alpine character. Enjoy relaxing in the pool, whirlpool and sauna with a magical view of Bled Lake, Island and Castle.
In the afternoon enjoy guided tour of Bled: Bled is famous for its blue-green alpine lake, picture-postcard church on an island, a medieval castle clinging to a rocky cliff and some of the highest peaks of the Julian Alps and the Karavanke as backdrops – Bled is definitely a must visit place while in Slovenia.
After the tour, it’s time to try worldwide known cream cake!
Rest of the day at leisure. If you like below Tip of the day options are listed our top suggestions for additional activities on lake Bled.
Tip of the day
– PLETNA BOAT RIDE ON LAKE BLED: Traditional wooden boat ‘pletna’ will take you to the island in the middle of the lake. After landing, climb 99 stone steps to reach the Assumption of Mary Church, where you can listen to the church bell and ring it yourself. Legend has it that this will make your wish come true!
– VISIT SCHNAPPS CELLAR: Schnapps cellar with plate of cold meat, dried in black kitchen with tasting of great domestic schnapps (herbal and fruity).
– BEEKEEPING AMBROZIC IN VICINITY OF BLED: One of most successful Slovenian beekeeper with many awards is also special in way that he caught a swarm of bees on snow white honey combs. Get involved in this special story and try their great honey.
– VINTGAR GORGE: One of the easiest and most satisfying half-day trips from Bled is to Vintgar Gorge, some 4km to the northwest of Bled village. The highlight is a 1600m wooden walkway
through the gorge, built in 1893 and continually rebuilt since. It crisscrosses the swirling Radovna River four times over rapids, waterfalls and pools before reaching 16m-high Šum Waterfall. The
entire walk is spectacular. There are little snack bars at the beginning and the end of the walkway.
– HOMESTEAD DORNK BLED: homestead pr’Dornk is located in Bled, only 200 meters from the lake, in the old village of Mlino. The house has already completed 240 years and features some great examples of real authentic artefacts from this area: black kitchen (still in use nowadays), old stable and above the barn for hay, where you can see through the ethnological collection and exhibition of Nativity scenes.
– BALLOON FLIGHT ABOVE LAKE BLED: Start your morning with a balloon flight over Bled lake, and its surroundings with stunning views of the Julian and Karavanke Alps, Triglav National
Park and beautiful Sava river valley and small villages.
– WINE TASTING IN BLED: Below Castle a 100-year old wine cellar attracts with tastings of its top-quality wines and a demonstration of bottling of wine from oak barrels. The visitor who fills a bottle as a souvenir, corks it and waxes it, is presented with a certificate. The blend of colours, smells and tastes will bring you utmost delight and enjoyment.
– RESTAURANT AVSENIK: visit most renowned Slovenian restaurant (gostilna) named after famous accordion player Slavko Avsenik. His song Na Golici is remarkably most played song in the world – before Beatles, Elvis Presley and others.
Private transfer to Ljubljana Airport. Transfer from Venice/Zagreb airport for a supplement.
We highly recommend to prolong your stay on Lake Bled for 1 extra night and this way experience more that this wonderful region has to offer!
Grand Cuvée Tours
Naj Tura d.o.o.
P: +386 40 170 876 (EU) +1 (650) 273 4771 (USA)