Day 1: Munich
Arrival to Munich Airport. Rest of the day at leisure.
Choose from the options:
– VISIT CHIEMSEE LAKE WITH TWO GREAT LAKE ISLANDS: Visit Herrenchiemsee Island (or Men’s island) with Palace – a fairytale refuge for the fairytale king, modeled after the Palace of Versailles by King Ludwig II. Escape to an island in Lake Chiemsee, Bavaria’s largest lake, for a tour of the king’s final and most expensive castle. Continue to another like a fairytale island: the smaller Fraueninsel, or Women’s Island with the 8th-century Benedictine convent with its Gothic bell tower is fantastic place to enjoy some typical culinary delights of the island, numerous souvenir hand-made craft shops and cute Bavarian houses.
– TRIP SUGGESTION – AUDI& DACHAU:
– AUDI FACTORY in Ingolstadt and visit Dachau Concentration Camp from WWII.
– HOFBRAUHAUS DINNER AND BEER: The world-famous Hofbräuhaus brand brings an unparalleled beer culture to the world. Enjoy unique drinking, dining and entertainment experience in one of the world center of beer.
– RESTAURANT SUGGESTIONS IN MUNICH:
– RESTAURANT & WEINHANDEL BROEDING; clarity and precision in the restaurant, on the plate and in a glass. Every day fresh ingredients.
– VINOTHEK BY GEISEL; restaurant & wine cellar serving Italian & Bavarian cuisine in a traditional, decorative interior.
– STEINHEIL 16; while schnitzel is the star dish at Steinheil 16 with large portions of solid pork available, you can also order dishes such as nachos, chili or turkey steaks. Steinheil 16 offers affordable local beers to go with your meal.
– WIRTHAUS IN DER AU; Bavarian restaurant, tavern & beer garden established in 1901, known for its dumplings & jazz music.
Day 2: Munich – Salzburg
Train transfer to Salzburg, and guided tour of Salzburg.
Guided tour of Salzburg: Our guide will pick you up at the reception desk in your hotel and take you to a tour of all main cultural and historical attractions. Pass St Peter’s Monastery, Mozart House and the Mirabell Gardens, when scenes from ‘The Sound of Music’ were filmed. You’ll also have the chance to explore the Baroque Old Town, dotted with stunning cathedrals and churches.
Tip of the day – options for Salzburg:
– SALT-MINE HALLEIN: The oldest mine in the world everyone can enjoy and follow the tracks of mysterious, ancient miners’ tunnels for many kilometers into the mystical mountain. More than 2500 years ago, the Celts were already mining “White Gold” here, as is evident from the traces they left behind. Now you can experience it on your own.
– EAGLE’S NEST – FORMER RESIDENCE OF HITLER: Fascinating Eagle’s Nest (formerly Hitler’s home and southern headquarters, a breathtaking journey up the Kehlstein road and a luxurious brass elevator up through the rock into Eagle’s Nest. Enjoy impressive views and its excellent cuisine. The site combines a unique example of historic architecture and a stunning Alpine setting)
– SOUND OF MUSIC TOUR: Original “Sound of music Tour”: The life of the von Trapp Family is inseparably linked to the city of Salzburg. Every year nearly 300,000 people visit the Trapp Family homes and film locations. The 1965 film became an international box office success. Join us on a wonderful ride with breath-taking views of opening scenes of the movie The Sound of Music were filmed with live guide!
– RESTAURANT SUGGESTIONS IN SALZBURG:
– *ESSZIMMER; Michelin-starred restaurant which will surprise and impress you by unique tastes and harmonious flavor combinations.
– *DAS RESTAURANT WASSERFALL; wonderful ambiance for a highly enjoyable evening with various specialties of the Mediterranean region, especially the Italian region.
– *RESTAURANT BRUNNAUER; culinary delights of Salzburg with traditional and regional dishes presented by one of Austria’s leading chefs.
– *IMLAUER SKY – BAR & RESTAURANT; on the 6th floor in hotel IMLAUER with views over the city of Mozart enjoy in a delicious lunch or romantic dinner.
Day 3: Salzburg, Zell Am See
Train transfer to Zell am See.
Overnight: Zell Am See
– EXPLORE ZELL AM SEE: Zell am See is an Austrian town on Lake Zell, south of the city of Salzburg. Its Romanesque St. Hippolyte Church has a distinctive tower added in the 15th century. Trails and lifts lead to the ski slopes of Schmittenhöhe mountain. Southwest, views from Gipfelwelt 3000 panoramic platform, at the top of the Kitzsteinhorn glacier, take in Hohe Tauern National Park and the looming Grossglockner mountain.
– TRIP TO HALLSTATT: Hallstatt UNESCO Village. Jagged mountain peaks reflected in a pristine alpine lake offer the backdrop for this charming Austrian village under UNESCO.
– TOP OF SALZBURG: Visit the Top of Salzburg, the summit-level panoramic viewing platform on the Kitzsteinhorn, which offers sweeping views of the eastern alps and Hohe Tauern National Park. With your ticket, you’ll enjoy access to all the cable cars and lifts up to an altitude of 9,843 feet (3,000 meters), plus entrance to mountain attractions including the Cinema 3000 experience and the Ice Area with snow slides, a magic carpet, and a summertime glacier trail.
– KRIMML WATERFALLS: Highest European Waterfalls (2h 30 min driving one way): Enjoy a spectacular hike to Austria’s highest waterfalls. The three stages of the hike, starting in the village of Krimml, take you to ever more spectacular views of the falls and the surrounding countryside. Bring your camera and capture the most beautiful section of the falls!
Day 4: Zell Am See
Day at leisure to enjoy Zell Am See:
– The ICE Arena Kitzsteinhorn is one of the highlights in summer with slides and a snow beach – this is fun for the entire family. Even when summer rules in the valley, the temperatures at the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier are always fresh.
Perfect tour for beginners and also for people with experience!
The tour begins with nice walking and jumping passages. Then the canyon get ́s more narrow and adventurous. There are about 10 jumps between 2 to 9 meters, natural water slides and easy abseiling passages.
Courageous can jump these passages as well. (The high jumps can be circumvented).
Duration: approx. 5 hrs. incl. transfers
– rafting: Best White Water Rafting near Zell am See
The Salzach river offers perfect conditions for beginners and also for those who have white water rafting experience already!
12 km length, difficulty II-IV, high waves, nice rapids, sprinkeling water and interesting paddle passages make this tour your holiday highlight!
Tranfer time from Zell am See to the rafting base / river about 20 min.
Minimum of age: 10 years (when accompanied by an adult person, otherwise 12 years).
– Running seems to be an important subject in Zell am See-Kaprun. The ladies get what their heart desires at the LEDLENSER Women’s Trail, while the best trail runners compete in the Grossglockner Ultra Trail. The Run & Walk Park Zell am See is good for practicing if you want to compete against top athletes in the IRONMAN 70.3.
– biking and mountain biking – windsurfing
Overnight: Zell Am See
Day 5: Zell Am See , Kitzbuhel
Train transfer to Kitzbühel. At leisure.
*instead of Kutzbuhel you can stay at Zell Am See.
Options in Kitzbuhel area – Tip of the day:
– 1.000 KM WELL-MAINTAINED HIKING ROUTES OF MOST FAMOUS SKI AREA IN THE WORLD: Gentle meadows, alpine pastures and a wide grass covered fascinating mountains. With beautiful views of the Wilder Kaiser and powerful rugged glacial peaks of the Hohe Tauern and Austria’s highest mountain, the Großglockner (3,798 m), is what people come to see in the mountains of Kitzbuehel. Over 1,000 km of hiking trails take you through some of the most beautiful places in Tyrol, with numerous meadows and pastures. One of those interesting places is the Geißstein with its 2.363m, the highest grass mountain in the Alps.
– HOHE SALVE: 3 sections to the summit of the Hohe Salve, 1200-metres difference in altitude in 30 minutes! From the summit (1829m) you overlook Austria’s highest mountains! The view is one of the most beautiful in the Alps and really impressive with a 360° panoramic view.
– THE GROSSGLOCKNER HIGH ALPINE ROAD: The mountain pass road with a total of 48 km and 36 turns leads deep into the centre of Austria’s largest national park with an area of 1,800 km2 that extends across the provinces of Salzburg, Tyrol and Carinthia. The highest point of the mountain road is the Edelweissspitze located at just above 2,500 m. Several 3,000 m peaks open up to the wandering gaze, but the largest of them all is the Grossglockner.
– THE SCHWARZSEE (THE BLACK LAKE): Lake lies between Kitzbühel and Reith and is one of the most beautiful lakes in the Alps. It has some lovely area to enjoy a walk and afterwards you can jump into the cool, healthy marsh water and enjoy some sunshine surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery.
Day 6: Kitzbuhel, Innsbruck, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Private transfer to Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
En route stop in Innsbruck. Guided tour of Innsbruck: Today your tour will start in the very center of Innsbruck where you will take a photo-stop at the “Golden roof” building – the emblem of the old town, which was Completed in 1500. Close by you will find the biggest and first Swarovski crystal shop. Continuing you will see Innsbruck cathedral, also the Imperial Palace of Innsbruck which is a great picture stop. Next take some break with a coffee in legendary Sacher coffee house where you will enjoy the world’s known Sacher cake. Afterwards, continue along the Inn river to the cable car station, which will take you up to the local hill “Hungerburg” for a scenic stop with stunning views to the city of Innsbruck and the surrounding mountains. The tour ends with the return travel to Innsbruck.
Discover the Swarovski Crystal World, with 800,000 hand-mounted crystals twinkling in the light. Head into the Chambers of Wonder, where the magic of crystal comes to life! Admire unique art installations in the Garden of the Giant.
Tip of the day – more activities in the area:
– RESTAURANT SUGGESTIONS IN INNSBRUCK:
– *GOLDENER ADLER RESTAURANT; the oldest restaurant in Innbsbruck. In their historical rooms they offer specialties from Tyrol and Austria, including dishes from all over the world.
– *WOODFIRE; restaurant and steak house with always fresh and delicious ingredients. Enjoy in kind atmosphere and watch the chefs prepare custom-made, first-class steaks and dishes.
– *ALSTADTBEISL; restaurant stands right next to the golden roof, they serve traditional Austrian food.
Day 7: Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Neuschwanstein Castle: Today one of the most popular of all the places and castles in Europe. The setting of the castle could not be more idyllic. With its snow-white limestone facade and fanciful turrets peeking out from the forest mountain tops of Hohenschwangau valley. Neuschwanstein Castle is also known as Disney’s Castle, because the castle was actually the inspiration for the ‘Sleeping Beauty’ castle at Disneyland.
Tip of the day:
– GERMAN CULINARY, WINE AND BEER SUGGESTIONS:
– Numerous local, private breweries
– Allgäu mountain cheese and Bavarian doughnuts
– The sweet mustard is very much enjoyed with Weißwurst or white sausage mustard.
– The renowned bocksbeutel-shaped wine bottle and prized top-quality wines enjoy worldwide fame: Silvaner, Riesling, Müller-Thurgau (also called Rivaner), Pinot-Blanc and Noir, Domina, etc.
– TIPS FOR DAILY TRIPS IN GARMISCH AREA:
1. On Romantic route stop at fairytale Neuschwanstein castle, “the castle of the fairy-tale king”. Neuschwanstein is one of the most popular of all the palaces and castles in Europe.
2. Hohenschwangau castle in Germany
3. Day tour of Solden and visit absolute barrier-free gourmet temple at 3048 meters (exact 10.000 feets)on the Gaislachkogl.
4. Visit one of Austrias top attractions – Swarovski Crystal Worlds with Crystal Cloud, with 800,000 hand-mounted crystals and go into the Chambers of Wonders and admire unique art installations in the Garden of the Giants.
5. Zugspitze: ascend the Zugspitze, Germany’s highest mountain, by cable car & have a beer at the highest beer garden.
6. Tour through the beautiful Alto Adige (South Tyrol). Starting with a ride over the “Reschen” mountain pass we will take you to Merano, Bolzano, Bressanone and Vipiteno
7. In vicinity of Garmisch – Partenkirchen, Oberammergau is a very pretty town, well worth a visit
– VISIT LINDERHOF PALACE: Linderhof Palace and its surrounding park is one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of the 19th century. The “Royal Villa” is the only palace King Ludwig II of Bavaria (1845–1886) was able to complete.
Day 8: Garmisch-Partenkirchen – Munich
Private transfer to Munich Airport and flight back home.