Phone: +386 59 90 07 31 (EU)
Phone: +1 650 273 47 71 (USA)
|Type of the trip:||Private trip with local guides|
|Duration:||7 nights / 8 days|
|Min. no. of persons:||2|
|Meals included:||Breakfast daily|
|Entrance fees included:||Swarovski Crystal Worlds
|Guides, drivers:||Local guides as per itinerary
Arrival to Munich Airport. Rest of the day at leisure.
Restaurant suggestions in Munich:
*RESTAURANT & WEINHANDEL BROEDING; clarity and precision in the restaurant, on the plate and in a glass. Every day fresh ingredients.
*VINOTHEK BY GEISEL; restaurant & wine cellar serving Italian & Bavarian cuisine in a traditional, decorative interior.
*STEINHEIL 16; while schnitzel is the star dish at Steinheil 16 with large portions of solid pork available, you can also order dishes such as nachos, chili or turkey steaks. Steinheil 16 offers affordable local beers to go with your meal.
*WIRTHAUS IN DER AU; Bavarian restaurant, tavern & beer garden established in 1901, known for its dumplings & jazz music.
Train transfer to Salzburg, check-in at your hotel and continue with guided tour of Salzburg.
Guided private walking tour of Salzburg: Our guide will pick you up at the reception desk in your hotel and take you to a tour of all main cultural and historical attractions. Pass St Peter’s Monastery, Mozart House and the Mirabell Gardens, when scenes from ‘The Sound of Music’ were filmed. You’ll also have the chance to explore the Baroque Old Town, dotted with stunning cathedrals and churches.
Tip of the day – additional afternoon and dining options for Salzburg:
– SOUND OF MUSIC TOUR: Original “Sound of music Tour”: The life of the von Trapp Family is inseparably linked to the city of Salzburg. Every year nearly 300,000 people visit the Trapp Family homes and film locations. The 1965 film became an international box office success. Join us on a wonderful ride with breath-taking views of opening scenes of the movie The Sound of Music were filmed with live guide!
– RESTAURANT SUGGESTIONS IN SALZBURG:
*ESSZIMMER; Michelin-starred restaurant which will surprise and impress you by unique tastes and harmonious flavor combinations.
*DAS RESTAURANT WASSERFALL; wonderful ambiance for a highly enjoyable evening with various specialties of the Mediterranean region, especially the Italian region.
*RESTAURANT BRUNNAUER; culinary delights of Salzburg with traditional and regional dishes presented by one of Austria’s leading chefs.
*IMLAUER SKY – BAR & RESTAURANT; on the 6th floor in hotel IMLAUER with views over the city of Mozart enjoy in a delicious lunch or romantic dinner.
Train transfer to Zell am See. Explore on your own.
Zell am See is an Austrian town on Lake Zell, south of the city of Salzburg. Its Romanesque St. Hippolyte Church has a distinctive tower added in the 15th century. Trails and lifts lead to the ski slopes of Schmittenhöhe mountain. Southwest, views from Gipfelwelt 3000 panoramic platform, at the top of the Kitzsteinhorn glacier, take in Hohe Tauern National Park and the looming Grossglockner mountain.
Overnight: Zell Am See
Optional activities and trips for this and next day:
– TRIP TO HALLSTATT: Hallstatt UNESCO Village. Jagged mountain peaks reflected in a pristine alpine lake offer the backdrop for this charming Austrian village under UNESCO.
– TOP OF SALZBURG: Visit the Top of Salzburg, the summit-level panoramic viewing platform on the Kitzsteinhorn, which offers sweeping views of the eastern alps and Hohe Tauern National Park. With your ticket, you’ll enjoy access to all the cable cars and lifts up to an altitude of 9,843 feet (3,000 meters), plus entrance to mountain attractions including the Cinema 3000 experience and the Ice Area with snow slides, a magic carpet, and a summertime glacier trail.
– KRIMML WATERFALLS: Highest European Waterfalls (2h 30 min driving one way): Enjoy a spectacular hike to Austria’s highest waterfalls. The three stages of the hike, starting in the village of Krimml, take you to ever more spectacular views of the falls and the surrounding countryside. Bring your camera and capture the most beautiful section of the falls!
– The ICE ARENA Kitzsteinhorn is one of the highlights in summer with slides and a snow beach – this is fun for the entire family. Even when Summer rules in the valley, the temperatures at the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier are always fresh.
– CANYONING: Perfect tour for beginners and also for people with experience. The tour begins with nice walking and jumping passages. Then the canyon gets more narrow and adventurous. There are about 10 jumps between 2 to 9 meters, natural water slides and easy abseiling passages. Courageous can jump these passages as well. (The high jumps can be circumvented). Duration: approx. 5 hours in total.
– RAFTING: Best White Water Rafting near Zell am See. The Salzach river offers perfect conditions: 12 km length, difficulty II-IV, high waves, nice rapids, sprinkling water and interesting paddle passages make this tour your holiday highlight! Tranfer time from Zell am See to the rafting base / river about 20 min. Minimum age: 10 years.
Day at leisure to enjoy Zell Am See. See suggestions below Day 3.
Overnight: Zell Am See
Train transfer to Kitzbühel. At leisure.
*instead of Kutzbuhel you can prolong your stay at Zell Am See.
Options in Kitzbuhel area – Tip of the day:
– 1.000 KM WELL-MAINTAINED HIKING ROUTES OF MOST FAMOUS SKI AREA IN THE WORLD: Gentle meadows, alpine pastures and a wide grass covered fascinating mountains. With beautiful views of the Wilder Kaiser and powerful rugged glacial peaks of the Hohe Tauern and Austria’s highest mountain, the Großglockner (3,798 m), is what people come to see in the mountains of Kitzbuehel. Over 1,000 km of hiking trails take you through some of the most beautiful places in Tyrol, with numerous meadows and pastures. One of those interesting places is the Geißstein with its 2.363m, the highest grass mountain in the Alps.
– HOHE SALVE: 3 sections to the summit of the Hohe Salve, 1200-metres difference in altitude in 30 minutes! From the summit (1829m) you overlook Austria’s highest mountains! The view is one of the most beautiful in the Alps and really impressive with a 360° panoramic view.
– THE GROSSGLOCKNER HIGH ALPINE ROAD: The mountain pass road with a total of 48 km and 36 turns leads deep into the centre of Austria’s largest national park with an area of 1,800 km2 that extends across the provinces of Salzburg, Tyrol and Carinthia. The highest point of the mountain road is the Edelweissspitze located at just above 2,500 m. Several 3,000 m peaks open up to the wandering gaze, but the largest of them all is the Grossglockner.
– THE SCHWARZSEE (THE BLACK LAKE): Lake lies between Kitzbühel and Reith and is one of the most beautiful lakes in the Alps. It has some lovely area to enjoy a walk and afterwards you can jump into the cool, healthy marsh water and enjoy some sunshine surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery.
Private transfer to Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
En route stop in Innsbruck. Guided tour of Innsbruck: Today your tour will start in the very center of Innsbruck where you will take a photo-stop at the “Golden roof” building – the emblem of the old town, which was Completed in 1500. Close by you will find the biggest and first Swarovski crystal shop. Continuing you will see Innsbruck cathedral, also the Imperial Palace of Innsbruck which is a great picture stop. Next take some break with a coffee in legendary Sacher coffee house where you will enjoy the world’s known Sacher cake. Afterwards, continue along the Inn river to the cable car station, which will take you up to the local hill “Hungerburg” for a scenic stop with stunning views to the city of Innsbruck and the surrounding mountains. The tour ends with the return travel to Innsbruck.
Discover the Swarovski Crystal Worlds, with 800,000 hand-mounted crystals twinkling in the light. Head into the Chambers of Wonder, where the magic of crystal comes to life! Admire unique art installations in the Garden of the Giant.
Tip of the day – RESTAURANT SUGGESTIONS IN INNSBRUCK:
*GOLDENER ADLER RESTAURANT; the oldest restaurant in Innbsbruck. In their historical rooms they offer specialities from Tyrol and Austria, including dishes from all over the world.
*WOODFIRE; restaurant and steak house with always fresh and delicious ingredients. Enjoy in kind atmosphere and watch the chefs prepare custom-made, first-class steaks and dishes.
*ALSTADTBEISL; restaurant stands right next to the golden roof, they serve traditional Austrian food.
Neuschwanstein Castle: Today one of the most popular of all the places and castles in Europe. The setting of the castle could not be more idyllic. With its snow-white limestone facade and fanciful turrets peeking out from the forest mountain tops of Hohenschwangau valley. Neuschwanstein Castle is also known as Disney’s Castle, because the castle was actually the inspiration for the ‘Sleeping Beauty’ castle at Disneyland.
Tip of the day – add to the visit of the castle:
– VISIT LINDERHOF PALACE: Linderhof Palace and its surrounding park is one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of the 19th century. The “Royal Villa” is the only palace King Ludwig II of Bavaria (1845–1886) was able to complete.
Private transfer to Munich Airport and flight back home.
Grand Cuvée Tours
Naj Tura d.o.o.
P: +386 40 170 876 (EU) +1 (650) 273 4771 (USA)