Phone: +386 59 90 07 31 (EU)
Phone: +1 650 273 47 71 (USA)
Highlights of Austria and Czech Republic with a short visit to Germany
DAY 1: VIENNA
Private transfer from Vienna Airport to the hotel. Check-in and at leisure.
Vienna City Highlights Tour: Our guide will pick you up at the reception desk in your hotel and take you to a tour of all main cultural and historical attractions along the famous Ringstrasse to see the Vienna Rathaus, Vienna’s historical center, St Stephen’s Cathedral. Pass the multi-hued Hundertwasserhaus and the opulent grounds of the Schönbrunn Palace.
Tip of the day:
– THE ALBERTINA MUSEUM
– THE KUNSTHISTORISCHES MUSEUM (KHM)
– VIENNA OPERA TOUR
– PRATER- THE OLDEST AMUSEMENT PARK& VIENNA GIANT FERRIS WHEEL
– VISIT BELVEDERE PALACES
DAY 3: VIENNA
Visit of Spanish Riding School: Take a look behind the scenes. In the guided tour through the Spanish Riding School you will visit the baroque Winter Riding School, the Summer Riding School with one of the world’s largest oval horse walkers and the stables of the Lipizzan stallions, which have been located in the Stallburg (one of Vienna’s most prominent Renaissance buildings) for more than 450 years. You will visit the most important areas of our historic institution and will learn about our history, equestrian traditions and about our stars – the Lipizzan stallions!
Visit Schönbrunn Palace & Gardens – highly recommended: Play royalty for a day in Vienna by visiting the summer residence of the Habsburgs, with its elegant gardens, fountains, fake Roman ruins, a hilltop café, and Europe’s oldest zoo.
Tip of the day:
– CITY DANUBE RIVER CRUISE
– MOZART& STRAUSS CONCERTS WITH DINNER IN THE KURSALON
– VIENNA CARRIAGE RIDE
– HOFBURG, the Imperial Palace
DAY 4: VIENNA – PRAGUE
Private transfer to Prague, check-in at the hotel.
Guided tour of Prague: The “city of 1,000 spires.” The skyline contains 1,100 years of history, filled with domed churches and old towers. A blend of architectural styles decorates the entire city, from its narrow Gothic lanes to its Baroque palaces, Renaissance bridges, and Art Nouveau cafes. On the opposite side of the Vltava River, you can see Prague Castle casting a dramatic image overlooking the cityscape. Your guide meets you at the hotel and leads you through the meandering cobblestone alleyways of the old city. Discover the delights of Prague, stroll around the Jewish Quarter and Old Town to see the Astronomical Clock and many other highlights.
– DINNER CRUISE ON VLTAVA RIVER
– CULINARY TOUR OF PRAGUE
– Beer Gardens Selection in Prague: Riegrovy Sady Beer Garden, Prague’s Premier Beer Garden with Zemský On Tap; Pivovar Národní, A New Microbrewery in Central Prague; Pivovar Hostivar, Letná Beer Garden
DAY 5: PRAGUE
Free day in Prague with multiple great options of museums, galleries and other activities, suggested below.
Optional day and half-day trips:
– HALF-DAY TOUR TO KUTNA HORA
– MUCHA MUSEUM: The world’s first Mucha Museum, dedicated to the life and work of the world-acclaimed Czech ART NOUVEAU artist Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939)
– SELECTION OF BEST MUSEUMS & GALLERIES IN PRAGUE: Prague National Gallery and National Museum, Prague City Gallery (the second most significant art institution in the Czech Republic after the National Gallery with large collection of Czech art of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries), Czech Museum of Fine Arts, National Technical Museum, Magical Cavern Museum, Prague Jewish Museum and many others.
– HALF-DAY TRIP TO KARLSTEJN CASTLE
– BOHEMIAN VINEYARDS WITH WINE TASTING & CULINARY TOUR (PRIVATE): Volcanic landscape, dazzling vineyards, local food and wine tasting. Bohemian experience can’t get any better. Escape touristy Prague and get to know the real Czech countryside. Explore volcanic landscape, which gives local wine its signature taste and bouquet, drive through the vineyards in our off-road car, enjoy a romantic picnic in a vineyard and taste this potion of gods in a local winery.
DAY 6: PRAGUE – CESKY KRUMLOV – SALZBURG
Private transfer to Salzburg.
Tour to Češke Budejovice where famous Budweiser beer is being brewed. With a population of almost 100,000 people, České Budějovice is the largest city in South Bohemia. For foreign visitors it’s often considered merely a stepping stone on the way to smaller but more famous Český Krumlov 28km to the south, but České Budějovice is an interesting and diverse destination in its own right. Beside Famous Budweiser brewery, town boast with numerous other attractions, such as Old city walls by the river, main square and fountain, Church of St. Nicholas with 72 meters high Black Tower just by the church.
Visit Hluboká Castle very near to Budejovice: due to its scale, character, original furnishings and extensive park – is one of the most significant and beautiful Romantic monuments in the European and world context.
Continue to picturesque, historical UNESCO Cešky Krumlov. Situated on the banks of the Vltava river, the town was built around a 13th-century castle with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque elements. Krumlov is an outstanding example of a small central European medieval town whose architectural heritage has remained intact thanks to its peaceful evolution over more than five centuries. Guided tour of Krumlov and then continue to Salzburg.
Tip of the day – evening option:
– CLASSIC CONCERT IN SALZBURG: Enjoy an evening likely to have taken place in 1790 – in the Baroque Hall lit by candles, having a dinner based on historical recipes, listening to a concert with musicians in authentic costumes and the music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
DAY 7: SALZBURG
Original “Sound of Music” Tour + combination with Classic Guided tour of Salzburg: The life of the von Trapp Family is inseparably linked to the city of Salzburg. Every year nearly 300,000 people visit the Trapp Family homes and film locations. The 1965 film about the moving life of the novice, Maria von Trapp and her singing family with Julie Andrews in the leading role, became an international box office success. Join us on a wonderful ride with breath-taking views! Tour the picturesque World Heritage City of Salzburg as well as the beautiful landscapes where the opening scenes of the movie The Sound of Music were filmed with live guide!
In the afternoon: Castle with fortress above Salzburg: Ascend and descend by Fortress funicular, entrance to fortress precincts, guided tour with audio guide in eleven languages (salt storeroom, torture chamber, look-out tower, ‘Salzburg Bull’ – mechanical organ), Fortress Museum, Rainer Regiment Museum, Marionette Museum, Alm passage. Besides, visit of unique Princes’ Apartments in the main castle and the Mechanical Theatre (Golden Hall, Golden Room, bedchamber of prince archbishop Keutschach † 1519).
Great trips options from Salzburg:
– TENNENGAU – GOURMET REGION: Get acquainted with Golling & Kuchl region, pearls in the surrounding of gourmet region Tennengau. Lake Bürgerausee, bio diary Fürstenhof, castle Golling with rich cultural heritage and wellness oasis Aqua Salza.
– ADVENTUROUS ACTIVITIES IN SALZBURG AREA:
*Canyoning Adventure in the Salzkammergut from Salzburg
*Krimml Waterfalls; Highest European Waterfalls
*TOP OF SALZBURG: Visit the Top of Salzburg, the summit-level panoramic viewing platform on the Kitzsteinhorn, which offers sweeping views of the eastern alps and Hohe Tauern National Park.
DAY 8: SALZBURG AREA
OPTIONALLY – OUR RECOMMENDATIONS: Day trip to Hallstatt Salt Mine and UNESCO village of Hallstatt.
Hallstatt Salt Mine: Inside the mine in the Salzkammergut region, you will experience first-hand the magic of this place with its long and storied history. As you walk through the tunnels of the mine, perhaps stroking the coarsely hewn-out rock walls with your hand, as you gaze out on the mystical salt lake, or slide down the 64-meters-long wooden slide once used by the miners, you are constantly accompanied by the flavor of those distant times.
Guided tour of UNESCO Hallstatt village: Jagged mountain peaks reflected in a pristine alpine lake offer the backdrop for this charming Austrian village.
Other optional trips:
– VISIT CHIEMSEE LAKE WITH TWO GREAT ISLANDS
– EAGLE’S NEST – FORMER RESIDENCE OF HITLER
– ICE CAVE WERFEN – BIGGEST ICE CAVE IN THE WORLD
– CUISINE OF KITZBÜHEL FOR GOURMETS: Bergsinn restaurant specialized in Austrian cuisine and quite often entertaining programs in the evening, Gasthaus Chizzo for Mediterranean food and wines, there is no other restaurant offering such a luxurious menu as in Hosteria Kitzbuehel, as also Wirtshaus Steuerberg stands out.
– HIKING OPTIONS IN SALZBRUG:
– 1. The Gaisberg (1288m): The Gaisberg is a local mountain of Salzburg (approx. 2hrs)
– 2. Bleckwand (1541m): Nice and easy tour with great views to Wolfgangsee and Schafber (approx. 3hrs hike)
– 3. Eisenaueralm (1015 m): Interesting hiking routes through an impressive gorge on a beautiful mountain pasture
with views of Schafsberg and Attersee (approx. 4hrs)
– THE GROSSGLOCKNER HIGH ALPINE ROAD: The mountain pass road with a total of 48 km and 36 turns
leads deep into the centre of Austria’s largest national park with an area of 1,800 km2 that extends across the provinces of Salzburg, Tyrol and Carinthia.
DAY 9: SALZBURG – INNSBRUCK
Private transfer to Innsbruck.
With guide explore the very center of Innsbruck where you will take a photo-stop at the “Golden roof” building – the emblem of the old town, which was Completed in 1500. Close by you will find the biggest and first Swarovski crystal shop. Continuing we will see Innsbruck cathedral, also the Imperial Palace of Innsbruck which is a great picture stop. Next we take some break with a coffee in legendary Sacher coffee house where we will enjoy the world’s known Sacher cake. Afterwards, continue along the Inn river to the cable car station, which will take you up to the local hill “Hungerburg” for a scenic stop with stunning views to the city of Innsbruck and the surrounding mountains. The tour ends with the return travel to Innsbruck. Discover the Swarovski Crystal World, with 800,000 hand-mounted crystals twinkling in the light. Head into the Chambers of Wonder, where the magic of crystal comes to life! Admire unique art installations in the Garden of the Giant. Rest of the day at leisure.
DAY 10: INNSBRUCK – GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN – MUNICH
Visit Highest Peak of Germany, Zugspitze and enjoy stunning views of the Alpine mountains.
Visit Neuschwanstein Castle: today Neuschwanstein is one of the most popular of all the palaces and castles in Europe. Every year 1.4 million people visit “the castle of the fairy-tale king”. In the summer around 6,000 visitors a day stream through rooms that were intended for a single inhabitant. The setting of Neuschwanstein could not be more idyllic. However, movement in the foundation area has to be continuously monitored, and the sheer rock walls must be repeatedly secured.
Private transfer to Munich.
Tip of the day – optionally:
– TIPS FOR DAILY TRIPS IN GARMISCH AREA:
– 1. Hohenschwangau castle in Germany
– 2. Day tour of Solden and visit absolute barrier-free gourmet temple at 3048 meters (exact 10.000 feets)on the
– 3. Visit one of Austrias top attractions – Swarovski Crystal Worlds with Crystal Cloud, with 800,000 hand-mounted
crystals and go into the Chambers of Wonders and admire unique art installations in the Garden of the Giants.
– 4. Zugspitze: ascend the Zugspitze, Germany’s highest mountain, by cable car & have a beer at the highest beer
– 5. Tour through the beautiful Alto Adige (South Tyrol). Starting with a ride over the “Reschen” mountain pass we
will take you to Merano, Bolzano, Bressanone and Vipiteno
– 6. In vicinity of Garmisch – Partenkirchen, Oberammergau is a very pretty town, well worth a visit
DAY 11: MUNICH
Private transfer to Munich Airport and flight back home.
– 10x accommodation in rooms with breakfast
– Transportation, guides and entrance fees as per itinerary
Grand Cuvée Tours
Naj Tura d.o.o.
P: +386 59 90 07 31