Client: Small Group Tour
Departure from: Zurich
July 4 – July 11, 2020
August 22 – August 29, 2020
September 12 – September 19, 2020
Duration: 7 nights / 8 days
No. of persons: up to 15 pax.
Contact number: Mojca +1 (650) 273 4771
Day 1: Zurich – Lucerne
Meet our representative at arrivals hall at the airport. Transfer to hotel, check-in at the hotel and at leisure.
Zürich city guided walking tour (up to 2 hours): Come face to face with Zurich’s past and present through a selection of buildings, stories and anecdotes. You too will be fascinated by the rich testimonies to bygone days which document the early international significance of the city.
Rest of the day free time to discover the city on your own. Overnight: Zurich
Tip of the day
– RESTAURANTS & EVENING RECOMMENDATION:
– If you are after new ways of serving and presenting food, then you must check this place out – Zur Verkstatt Restaurant. For local, more traditional cuisine: Stern Restaurant or Grottino with also Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.
– For wide wine selection we suggest Opus Restaurant and if you want to spend Swiss dinner evening with folk’s music visit Stadtkeller Swiss Folklore Restaurant.
Day 2: Lucerne
Day trip to Lucerne.
Mt.Pilatus Golden Tour in the morning: Enjoy worlds steepest cogwheel train-cable car to enjoy the great views from the summit of Pilatus.
On the top of Pilatus you’ll find several bars and restaurants, as well as a terrace to enjoy the views of Lake Lucerne and the Alps. Also there’s a ‘Dragon Path’ about the myths around this mountain, and several hiking trails to viewing points.
From May to October experience the assorted delights of Lucerne’s landmark mountain courtesy of the Golden Round Trip – a half-day or whole-day excursion involving a boat trip, the cogwheel railway, aerial cableway and panorama gondolas.
Tip of the day – OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES WHICH WE CAN ARRANGE ADDITIONALLY:
– CHOCOLATE MAKING & TASTING: First an exclusive tasting, followed by a making in the sacred halls of our four chocolatiers. Our chocolate experts will take you on a journey into the world of cocoa and share their knowledge about the quality and ingredients of our chocolate treats with you. During the chocolate tasting, you will enjoy 6 – 7 seasonal treats and afterwards, you will be able to pour chocolate bars and stamp truffles yourself.
– Available Mon-Fri.
– Duration: 90 min
– MUSEUMS WORTH TO VISIT IN LUCERNE: Museum Sammlung Rosengart (Rosengart Collection)and Swiss Transport Museum.
– ROMANTIC TOWNS OF SWITZERLAND: Enjoy-one day romantic guided tour from Zurich to biggest European waterfalls (Rhein Falls) and stroll through romantic towns of Switzerland: Stein am Rhein, Schaffhausen and Abbey Library.
– DAY OF HALF-DAY TRIP TO MT. RIGI: The Rigi is a mountainous area near Lucerne, between Küssnacht am Rigi, Goldau and Gersau. It’s a typical Swiss green landscape with meadows, forests and grazing cows. Since 1871, it is well connected by cogwheel train. Rigi Kulm is the highest point (1798 m) with restaurant on the top and offers great views to Lake Lucerne, the Alps in the south and the plains in the north, all the way to Germany.
– VICTORINOX in KNIFE VALLEY in Brunnen is always worth the trip: it can be combined with a cruise on Lake Lucerne, hiking in the beautiful region of Central Switzerland, a visit to an exhibition, and enjoyment of the culinary delights of the region.
Day 3: Lucerne, Interlaken
Private transfer from Lucerne to Alpine resort of Grindelwald.
Afrter check-in at the hotel, Top of Europe trip. Enjoy a 2 hour cogwheel train ride through green meadows and the hard rock of the Mountain Eiger to Europe’s highest railway station at 11,333 ft: the famous Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe). Spend some time on top of Jungfraujoch which is covered by eternal ice and snow. You may visit the Glacier Palace with its ice sculptures, the Sphinx (weather station), and lookout platforms providing you with a breathtaking view of the glacier and the snow-covered mountain peaks.
Tips of the day – OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES WHICH WE CAN ARRANGE ADDITIONALLY:
– FUNKY CHOCOLATE MAKING WORKSHOP: Funky Chocolate Club first opened in November 2014. Their love and passion for chocolate led them to this crazy idea – let’s open a meeting point for all chocolate lovers, let’s share secrets of Swiss chocolate with travelers from all over the world. Even though chocolate making is very serious business Funky Chocolate try to have as much fun as possible with all of their products.
– TOP OF INTERLAKEN – HARDER KULM viewing platform. If Interlaken had a king, he would reside on the Harder Kulm. From the viewing platform at 1,322 metres above sea level he would graciously look down upon Lake Brienz and Lake Thun, or admire the Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau. In fact, the Harder Kulm Panorama Restaurant is reminiscent of a castle.
Day 4: Grindelwald
At leisure. See tips of the day of what you can do.
Tip of the day – OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES WHICH WE CAN ARRANGE ADDITIONALLY:
– VISIT OF THE TRÜMMELBACH WATERFALLS: The Trümmelbach Falls are the world’s only glacier waterfalls that are accessible underground by lift, galleries, tunnels, paths and platforms. They are part of the Lauterbrunnen Valley’s 72 waterfalls, among them also the imposing Staubbach Fall. The hiking tour on mainly flat land leads from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg, past water gushing from vertical rock faces that are several hundred meters high. Ticket of 11 CHF/person payable on the spot!
– 007 SCHILTHORN CABLE CAR: On the opposite side of the valley is the holiday resort of Mürren, accessible from Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg. The cableway from Stechelberg continues to the peak of the Schilthorn at 2971 m, famous for being the setting where the 007 classic, ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service’ was filmed.
– TYPICAL 2 VILLAGES ABOVE LAUTERBRUNNEN VALLEY: Explore Gimmelwald & Mürren – a former settlement of people from the Lötschen valley in the Valais, which still remains recognizable today from the design of the houses and the pronunciation of the Mürren dialect – is the highest, continually inhabited village settlement in the canton of Bern and lies on a terrace at 1650 metres, high above the Lauterbrunnen valley. ACCESS: by cable car up onto the plateau from Lauterbrunnen and then on the top by train to the very center of Mürren, while a cableway runs from Stechelberg, past turbulent waterfalls and craggy rock faces, passing Gimmelwald (1st station) and on the next cable car into the centre of the car-free village of Mürren, and further to the Schilthorn at 2970 metres.
– ROYAL RIDE TO THE PEAK OF MÄNNLICHEN: ride on a balcony on the roof of the aerial cableway, starting from railway station in Wengen heading up to the peak of Männlichen. The Royal Walk and especially the summit platform in crown form improve the magnificent view even more. If you feel more active you can hike part of the route up or down!
– EASY-HIKE OPTION WITH FANTASTIC VIEWS: After alighting the gondola at Grindelwald First, take a comfortable hike to the beautiful Bachalpsee (two lakes), admire the spectacular landscape and scenery before heading to the First Cliff Walk.
– FIRST FLYER: Up to four people can soar down into the valley at the same time on four, 800-metre-long, parallel (Tyrolean) steel cables, which form a continuous run from start to finish. The flight lasts 45 seconds and covers 200 metres from First to Schreckfeld. You ride downhill at heights of up to 50 metres above ground in a safe and securely constructed harness – similar to a paragliding rig – reaching a top speed of up to 84 kilometres per hour, before being brought to a halt by a sprung braking mechanism.
– FIRST GLIDER: The latest First attraction really makes your mountain adventure complete. The ‘Eagle’ begins by carrying 4 passengers back up the mountain at 72 kilometres per hour, before returning once more to Schreckfeld at even higher speeds. The 800-metre-long flight path is thus travelled once in each direction – and you will soon discover that flying backwards is a lot of fun.
Day 5: Interlaken – Zermatt
Private transfer to Zermatt.
THE SUNTRAP of SUNNEGGA: From Zermatt you can reach the Sunnegga family paradise by funicular in a few minutes. This suntrap at the heart of Matterhorn paradise is a magnet for explorers of all ages and an ideal starting point for the onward trip to Blauherd and Rothorn. Just some 20 min walk from the station there is one of the most famous restaurants in Zermatt – Chez Vrony, surely worth of a short walk.
Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight: Zermatt Meals: Breakfast
– GORNERGRAT VIEW POINT: The Gornergrat railway is a mountain rack railway, it links the resort village of Zermatt, situated at 1,604 m above sea level, to the summit of the Gornergrat. Enjoy another fascinating viewpoint from Gornergrat (approx. 3 H without additional activities on the top, only view point). The Gornergrat (3,089 m) is one of those places that everyone should visit at least once in a lifetime. The mountain panorama and the glorious view of the Matterhorn is unforgettable.
– SOME RESTAURANT SUGGESTIONS IN ZERMATT: Zermatt is widely regarded as having the best mountain restaurants in Europe.
– *RESTAURANT SCHWYZER STÜBLI; known for great fondue and other Swiss culinary;
– *THE «SPYCHER»; flambé and grill restaurant with traditional dishes of Switzerland, as well as exquisite meat dishes of the finest quality
– *CHEZ GABY: grilled specialties and fondue Chinoise;
– *CHEZ VRONY; large terrace which boasts stunning view of Matterhorn. Vrony’s 100 years of family traditional serving of food is based only from organic sources or meat that has grazed on alpine grass, so get into real mountain experience.
– ZERMATT HIKING DAY OF 5 LAKES: The 5-Seenweg (Five Lakes Walk) is in a class of its own among hikes in the Zermatt mountains. The views of the mountain lakes are superb (with the Matterhorn reflected in three of them), and the trail is full of variety.
– CABLE CAR TO MATTERHORN GLACIER PARADISE: Ascend by cable car to the famous top of Matterhorn glacier, set on a high plateau and surrounded by mountains 13,124 feet high. Fantastic highest viewing platform in Europe (3883m) – one of the best views I have ever seen in my life! During Summer you can hike or during Winter ski on the glacier.
Day 6: Zermatt, Montreux, Lausanne
After breakfast private transfer to Montreux.
Explore Montreux and visit Chillon Castle. Chillon Castle is located on a rock on the banks of Lake Geneva. The water castle is the most visited historic building in Switzerland. For nearly four centuries Chillon was the residence and profitable toll station of the Counts of Savoy.
After Chillon Castle, explore Montreux on your own: Montreux has been around for centuries, but really got going in the 19th century, when it was favored by the British and Russian nobility for winter retreats. A Mediterranean-like microclimate allows palms and flowers to flourish; a lakefront and alpine views are other drawcards. Wonderful Chillon Castle is Switzerland’s most visited attraction and the three-week July Montreux Jazz Festival is one of Europe’s best music jamborees. The town’s lakefront setting, backed by vineyards and mountains, is gorgeous. A flamboyant statue of Freddie Mercury, bang slap on the waterfront in his trademark strutting pose, is a reminder that Queen recorded several albums in Montreux.
If you’re of an age to remember Charlie Chaplin, new museum Chaplin’s World (chaplinsworld.com), just outside town on the actor’s estate.
Private transfer to Lausanne, check-in at the hotel and at leisure.
In late afternoon, wine tasting in Vinorama in Lavaux: A unique place, in this space both welcoming and informative, Lavaux Vinorama is the center for the discovery of the wines and terraced vineyards of Lavaux, an area registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Try the bottle of your choice, opt for the selection of the week, or let yourself be surprised and seduced by an enjoyable personal experience with one of our accompanied tastings: “Chasselas”, “Discovery”, “Red” or “Expert”.
Overnight: Lausanne Meals: Breakfast
If you are not interested in Vinorama you can visit in Lausanne:
OLYMPIC MUSEUM: To experience the Olympics at close quarters and feel the Olympic spirit the way the athletes felt it, to study the history of the Games from antiquity to today – thanks to the latest computer technology and audiovisual media, all of this can be accomplished in the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. Entrance fee of 18 CHF/person is payable on the spot.
Day 7: Geneva Lake area
On this special full day trip through the region you can visit two main locations:
*Cailler has been making chocolate since 1825, and its entertaining factory tours take visitors on an extravagant twirl through chocolate history, made even sweeter by generous free samples.
*The secret behind Gruyère cheese is revealed in Pringy, directly opposite Gruyères train station (1.5km below town).
In the afternoon continue to Gruyeres, the picturesque medieval hill town. Built in the 11th century, the hilltop castle overlooks the 1,829-metre Dent de Broc: don’t miss out on HR Giger Museum from famous Hollywood movie Alien. And you have to visit Alien bar opposite to museum.
Afterwards, return back to Lausanne.
Farewell Swiss Dinner with fondue cooking class & dinner: Become Swiss for an hour or two. Around a fondue accompanied by a traditional live music… evenings at the Edelweiss restaurant are unforgettable. Our Chef teaches you the art of cooking cheese fondue, the Swiss national dish. Experience fondue cooking class with tasting & dinner included.
Cooking class, tasting & dinner
– Cheese fondue cooking class
– Tasting of your fondue as starter
– Main dish of your choice
Meat fondue bourguignonne & French fries OR
A « complete » Roesti with bacon, cheese & egg OR
Perch filets with french fries and small salad
– Dessert: Meringue and double cream from Gruyère
– 1 drink of your choice
Day 8: Lausanne – Zurich
In the morning individual departures to Zurich Airport or Geneva airport and flight back home. Farewell, Switzerland!
Overnight: Lausanne Meals: Breakfast
Price per person based on 3* and 4* Hotels as in program (or similar) with breakfast daily, Private transfers, guided tours and entrance fees as per program:
From 2,100.00 EUR / 2,330.00 USD
– 7x accommodation in rooms with breakfast as stated above.
– Transportation, guides and entrance fees as per itinerary.
– All international air travel and associated costs.
– All meals except breakfast unless stated otherwise in the itinerary.
– City/tourist taxes are payable on the spot at each accommodation upon check-out.
– All items of a personal nature (e.g. beverages, telephone calls, laundry, personal insurance).
– Anything not specifically mentioned in the “Inclusions” list above.
Payments, conditions, insurance:
– Terms and conditions are part of this program and are available on this link.
– We usually take 30% deposit of final amount if not agreed differently. 20 days prior to your arrival we charge the rest of the amount.
– At the moment no hotels have been booked yet!
– Payments: wire transfer or by credit cards with no additional surcharge, except for the Amex Credit Card (3,5 % surcharge on whole amount).
– Above mentioned are expected prices.
– Variations are possible, complying to client’s expectations.
– No reservations have been made for any venue/location/service until client’s confirmation.
– According to the present law the rates include VAT.